Re: [tor-talk] question about bridge relays

On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 04:43:02PM -0600, Kevin Nestor wrote:
> all of your posts and videos about setting up for to use a bridge rely
>on an older version of bridge that uses vidalia separately.
>
> Now that everyone can only download the Tor browser bundle that opens
>as a single browser (mine being a mac), you can not get anything in the
>settings menu that gives you the option to ?find bridges.?  What can
>you do to find a local bridge?

The "find bridges" button was broken on Vidalia anyway, ever since
https://bridges.torproject.org/ added a captcha to make it harder for
bad guys to automate pretending to be lots of people and learn lots of
bridges addresses.

Now the right answer is to go to https://bridges.torproject.org/ and
learn some bridges. Then you can either choose 'configure' rather than
'connect' when you start TBB the first time, in which case it will walk
you through adding the bridges you found, or if you've already started
TBB, go to 'open network settings' in your Torbutton (the green onion near
the URL bar) and select 'my ISP blocks connections to the Tor network'.

If somebody reading this wants to make some updated screenshots for
https://www.torproject.org/docs/bridges#UsingBridges
that would be swell.

--Roger