Re: [tor-talk] Terminology: Deep v Dark Web

Nicolas Vigier:
> On Sat, 25 Jan 2014, Katya Titov wrote:
>
>>   - Dark web:      Sites not accessible from the open Internet (Tor
>>                    hidden services, I2P eepsites, etc)
>
> I don't know what is the exact definition of "open Internet", but I'm
> not sure we should oppose that to Tor hidden services. The Tor hidden
> services are accessed using the internet, and they also look very open
> to me: anybody can access them if they know the address, using free
> software, based on a protocol that is documented.

Good point. I've change "open Internet" to "public Internet". I already
had a note that the open Internet was "open to filtering/censorship by
governments and ISPs" and I think that sits better with the term
'public Internet'.

Thanks for the input.
--
kat