[tor-talk] Vidalia is closing tor's SOCKSPort listener (#8304?)

Hi,

I'd like to connect vidalia to a system tor daemon, but it has unwanted
side effects.. that makes it unusable for me.

My minimal torrc:
==
SOCKSPort 0.0.0.0:9050
ControlPort 9051
HashControlPassword ...
==

After starting vidalia and providing the respective control port
password, vidalia causes the SOCKSPort listener to terminate:

from the tor log:
Closing no-longer-configured Socks listener on 0.0.0.0:9050

Is anyone aware of a way to prevent this behaviour?

I'm also open to vidalia alternatives (arm does not seam to show streams).

thanks!