[tor-talk] TOR issues

Dear TOR community,

I spend some time to understand how TOR works. I still cannot
understand some design assumptions. Could you please help me to
understand some issues ?

1) Who store the mapping Onion_URL to real IP ? How exit node know
where to send request ?

2) How to become Exit Node ?
I understand that everyone can become normal node. If I become exit
node even for some requests I can find mapping Onion_URL to real IP.
Than IP of the page is not secret any more.

3) How the communication is encrypted between nodes ?
RSA encryption is not resistant for Man In The Middle attack. (that's
why when I connect to new SSH server I need to add public key of the
server to trusted list).
When I use TOR my request goes to Node1 and than to Node2. How can I
establish save connection with Node2, when Node1 is between us ?

4) Is there a single point of failure ?
There need to be one central place where all IPs of TOR nodes are
stored, so when I run my TOR bundle I go to this place and read node
list and send requests using it. So if this place is down (for example
because DDOS attract) new users will not be able to use TOR network.
They will not find any TOR node.

Thank you for help to understand the TOR network