Re: [tor-talk] Deep Web Business Models

Interesting reading, although I couldn't help but facepalm when seeing
someone involved in investment write the following

> Perhaps the answer is to have the best product and user experience

Well... yes.

One thing that he observes, and I definitely agree with, is that the
markets have shown that simply building a good reputation by serving your
customers well can lead to a lot of business. There's no need for
monitoring a customer's every move in order to try and predict their
desires - sell something people want, and have a track record of meeting
expectations and customers will come.

Longer term, it'll definitely be a good thing if something other than
arrests comes from outside scrutiny of the various marketplaces.

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 2:38 PM, Andrew Lewman <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm taking this as a good sign that real businesspeople are starting to
> get interested in "deep web" marketplaces, where customer data isn't the
> primary product. Here's one investor's thoughts, http://joel.mn/post/
> 108657860988/deep-web-marketplaces
>
> --
> Andrew