Re: [tor-talk] Tor -> VPN Clarification

This image explains VPN + tor quite well;

https://vigilantcanuck.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/vpn-tor.png

IMO this setup is a pretty sensible idea given the recent de-anonymisation attacks (e.g. CMU). If your Tor connection gets comprimised, all the Feds have (hopefully) is your VPN IP.

The best way to set this up is VPN at a router level (e.g. http://wiki.hidemyass.com/OpenWRT_OpenVPN_Setup), then run Tails or Tor browser on your laptop.