Re: [tor-talk] What The F - Tor Browser is not your privacy browser, Non-goal: PRIVACY

On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 11:37:15 +0000
Lara <lara.tor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> allegedly wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Jan 2018, at 01:14, Duncan wrote:
> > This does not seem like very constructive criticism about Tor
> > Browser.
>
> Actually the brat is right in his tantrum. Tor Browser should not
> even exist.

Actually, that's not quite right. In an ideal world Tor browser (and
Tor itself) should not /need/ to exist. Unfortunately we do not live in
that ideal world.

> But thanks to venerable gurus, like Vint Cerf, Richard Stallman, Tim
> Berners Lee and other old white men, the net today is the heaven for
> surveillance. I am not arguing for the conspiracy. Just little minds
> generating little thoughts.

Those "old white men" did the job they were supposed to do at the time
they were supposed to do it. And in this (old, white) man's view they
did a pretty good job. But as I say, unfortunately the world is not the
same now. I'd guess that if packet switched networking were being
invented now we might be seeing a rather different beast to the IP
stack we currently all know and love. :-)

Happy New Year to all

Mick