[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
[tor-talk] New release candidate: Tor 0.4.5.4-rc
There's a new release candidate! Unless we find significant new major
bugs, this will probably be almost the same as the final 0.4.5.x
stable release. Please test it if you can!
The source code is available from the download page at
https://www.torproject.org/download/tor/ ; if you build Tor from
source, why not give it a try? And if you don't build Tor from source,
packages should be ready over the coming days, with a Tor Browser
alpha release likely some time around next Tuesday.
Here's what's new:
Changes in version 0.4.5.4-rc - 2021-01-22
Tor 0.4.5.4-rc is the second release candidate in its series. It fixes
several bugs present in previous releases.
We expect that the stable release will be the same, or almost the
same, as this releasee candidate, unless serious bugs are found.
o Major bugfixes (authority, IPv6):
- Do not consider multiple relays in the same IPv6 /64 network to be
sybils. Fixes bug 40243; bugfix on 0.4.5.1-alpha.
o Major bugfixes (directory cache, performance, windows):
- Limit the number of items in the consensus diff cache to 64 on
Windows. We hope this will mitigate an issue where Windows relay
operators reported Tor using 100% CPU, while we investigate better
solutions. Fixes bug 24857; bugfix on 0.3.1.1-alpha.
o Minor feature (build system):
- New "make lsp" command to generate the compile_commands.json file
used by the ccls language server. The "bear" program is needed for
this. Closes ticket 40227.
o Minor features (authority, logging):
- Log more information for directory authority operators during the
consensus voting process, and while processing relay descriptors.
Closes ticket 40245.
- Reject obsolete router/extrainfo descriptors earlier and more
quietly, to avoid spamming the logs. Fixes bug 40238; bugfix
o Minor bugfixes (compilation):
- Fix another warning about unreachable fallthrough annotations when
building with "--enable-all-bugs-are-fatal" on some compilers.
Fixes bug 40241; bugfix on 0.4.5.3-rc.
- Change the linker flag ordering in our library search code so that
it works for compilers that need the libraries to be listed in the
right order. Fixes bug 33624; bugfix on 0.1.1.0-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (config, bridge):
- Don't initiate a connection to a bridge configured to use a
missing transport. This change reverts an earlier fix that would
try to avoid such situations during configuration chcecking, but
which doesn't work with DisableNetwork. Fixes bug 40106; bugfix
o Minor bugfixes (onion services):
- Avoid a non-fatal assertion in certain edge-cases when
establishing a circuit to an onion service. Fixes bug 32666;
bugfix on 0.3.0.3-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (relay):
- If we were unable to build our descriptor, don't mark it as having
been advertised. Also remove an harmless BUG(). Fixes bug 40231;
bugfix on 0.4.5.1-alpha.
tor-talk mailing list - tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe or change other settings go to