Re: [tor-talk] torproject forum hosted by 3rd party?

There are two concerns I wish to address here. First is about the 3rd party hosting, the other is about a move to forum software in general.

TPO is not hosted in organisation members’ basements. It’s already under control of other parties like Hetzner. Switching to Discourse is merely carving out a part of traffic and moving it to another entity. We may discuss whether diversifying operators is beneficial or detrimential for privacy, users’ freedoms, security and usability. We may argue if that particular operator is better or worse. But the third party harm argument is already moot: we are being passed through a 3rd party service right now and even your message is being conveyed to GMail.

I am concerned about the move to a forum. I do see a value in increasing accessibility for the general population, while the ML is mostly dead and undermaintained, so the move seems reasonable. But that’s not the case for other MLs. Since Discourse already supports access over email, could it be possible to enable it for Tor Forums?