chaining JAP and Tor

Chaining JAP and Tor

Here I outline a methodology for doing this and I would be very interested to hear back as to what people think of its validity. It requires you to have both JAP and Tor installed on your system. The JAP client is set up as to use the mix cascade system (ie. it is set as an HTTP proxy in your browser and NOT a Socks proxy).

In the configuration settings JAP has the option to use a proxy. In the JAP proxy tab enter Tor as a SOCKS proxy
The data flow will then be as follows....

1) browser (http/https/ftp) points to JAP client
2) JAP client
3) data sent through ISP
4) data sent through Tor
5) data goes through JAP mix cascade
6) data arrives at target website

So, first your ISP IP is passed to Tor. Tor IP is then passed to JAP. JAP IP is then passed to target website.

Note that this arrangement does not address the DNS problem with Tor (see Tor documentation). For this we need to use an arrangement incorporating Privoxy.
Here in the JAP proxy tab Privoxy is entered as an HTTP proxy, with Privoxy being configured to work with Tor (see Tor website for details on this).

1) browser (http/https/ftp) points to JAP client
2) JAP client
3) data sent through ISP
4) data sent through privoxy + Tor
5) data goes through JAP mix cascade
6) data arrives at target website

To reiterate, would be so grateful if people could get back to me as to whether what is outlined here is correct.