Re: low bandwidth utilization

On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 03:52:08PM +0200, Peter Palfrader wrote:

> > Can you use the coredumps for analysis? Shall I put them in a secret location,
> > and send you the link off-list?
>
> Don't give away the coredumps.  They are likely to contain your private
> identity key among other things.

I realize that, but I trust you personally to not do something
evil with it. Because I don't have physical access for that
service and don't monitor it for intrustions I don't have full
faith that the machine is not compromised.

> Please install the tor-dbg package (from the same apt repository from
> where you got your binary), and install gdb.
>
> Then 'gdb /usr/sbin/tor core.32686' and run 'bt' and send that output

Allright:

85-31-186-61:/var/lib/tor# gdb /usr/sbin/tor core.32686
GNU gdb 6.4.90-debian
This GDB was configured as "i486-linux-gnu"...Using host libthread_db library "/lib/tls/libthread_db.so.1".

Core was generated by `/usr/sbin/tor'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
#0  0x401b47c7 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x401b47c7 in ?? ()
#1  0x402beff4 in ?? ()
#2  0x402c3da0 in ?? ()
#3  0xbffff4d8 in ?? ()
#4  0x401b606b in ?? ()
#5  0x00000006 in ?? ()
#6  0xbffff44c in ?? ()
#7  0x00000000 in ?? ()

That doesn't look very useful, though.

> our way.  Hold on to the core file for a while, there might be questions
> about variable values and whatnot.
>
> (On Jun 15 you were already running 0.1.1.21, right?)

I don't know, but I'm usually quick to upgrade.