Re: active connections when hibernating

On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 07:38:55PM +0200, Jens Kubieziel wrote:
> I'm running a tor server on Debian etch (0.1.2.14). It's currently
> hibernating. Today I needed to restart it. After the restart the number
> of active connections dropped
> (<URL:http://www.kubieziel.de/tmp/br.png>). Why had it open some 30
> connections even if it was hibernating? It's not used as OP or anything
> else, just a plain OR.

Hibernation is actually a two-step process. The first step is that it
hits the "soft hibernation limit", .95*AccountingMax, at which point
it stops allowing new connections and new circuits. Then when it hits
AccountingMax it kills all the remaining connections.

Perhaps your Tor was still in the 'soft limit' stage?

> Also the restart freed approx. 200M RAM.

If somebody wants to track down some memory leaks, that would be good.
I think there may be some in 0.1.2.x that need finding.

--Roger