[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Feature idea: dedicated onion/exit middles and rates
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Subject: Feature idea: dedicated onion/exit middles and rates
- From: grarpamp <grarpamp@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 02:49:54 -0400
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 02:50:00 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding :content-disposition; bh=At2JHxDjd2x8iYEpKrBtW4I7QHzRNhRxRRy3kjn9lH0=; b=TS/4l++cZJ4MJL9/v8GMoRoyPdwFexQpGrf31zwWvNHinvsxXgMl532/r9Dd5j8tZE 024Vd82ImjFo3AQoUiOcMu/+w5KdNKNh1l9W1vtXeVTkB1L4amrkcgViZASIXioIHtWJ KFyW4uFj988IKP+J6ayfc4QpRd9SGmjONLpaU=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=Ag+MDawRZet7Zfd6/RUr2tWcHmbkX9mAhzWh7yT30egeeE163mp3YBFWboLS+75K1K vgxZ5EpQMNO8Ozucsi4JqUG0qPl369BpAzS0BZIllLGhShn1VrEsglpJm2IsAZ9uMy0L qvwKB9OrUm2Zktenej2ZTlqSzN7urXDDx0Qck=
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi. Thought that there might be those out there that may wish to
allot their middle node resources to specific types of traffic or
a combination thereof.
onion only - for supporting onionland
exit only - for supporting realworld
These two could be implemented with an advertised flag of some sort.
And they would use the currently existing bandwidth limiters.
onion/exit blend - for supporting both as desired
This would use two new limits that when combined add up to the
existing overall limits. Or maybe a priority based system if one
type would happen to not saturate the overall limits all the time.