Re: Safe destinations

On 07/02/2009 11:12 PM, Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> There are many people who would like to run tor exits but whom don't
> because of the inevitable flood of abuse complaints.

This is a fine use of exit policies.  If potential exit-node operators
feel this gives them safety and security, then they should do something
like this.  I may misjudge the popularity of a "safe list", but I don't
think you'll see it expand to a significant percentage of exit policies.
 However, I could be wrong.  The nice thing about the Tor network is
there is no central point policy control by design, so operators can do
what they feel is right for them.

Personally, I don't want to see the equivalent of the Internet Watch
Foundation extended to Tor.  What *I* consider safe is possibly very
different than others.  I use Tor to get open, unfiltered access to the
Internet; for good or bad.

--
Andrew Lewman
The Tor Project