Re: Yahoo Mail and Tor

Two months??? I have had trouble with Yahoo Mail via Privoxy for more than four years.

At first, I was given some config file modifications for  Privoxy so it would allow me to use Yahoo Mail, but this disabled a lot of the stuff Privoxy did, and I wanted that stuff for other sites. Also, I was still unable to log out of Yahoo Mail even with the modifications someone had posted. So I now disable all of Privoxy when signing out of Yahoo Mail.

Here, behind a Middle Eastern firewall, the Yahoo Mail signout is often blocked by the firewall, as well as by Privoxy for reasons that escape me. Sometimes, I can sign out if I don't use Tor at all. Other times, I can only sign out if I use Tor without Privoxy.

Yahoo mail is accessible through Privoxy, but all style sheets are disabled, so the display is rather annoying. Annoying or not, I use Privoxy until I need to sign out, disable Privoxy, sign out of Yahoo Mail, then turn Privoxy back on in default mode.

I'm still not sure what it is about Yahoo Signout that Privoxy (and the local firewall) see the need to block.

Michael