Odd connection attempt to tor

I am running Mandriva with its interactive firewall enabled so it alerts me
whenever a connection is attempted, including tor network connections to port
9001.  Usually the source is logical:  an ip address or a system name but just
this morning I found an odd one I've never seen before.  A connection to my
port 9001 was made by '.' , that is, just <dot>.  No address.

What is this?

praedor
--
"If we have Senators and Congressmen there that can't protect themselves
against the evil temptations of lobbyists, we don't need to change our