Re: Yahoo Mail and Tor

     On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 09:18:04 -0400 Andrew Lewman <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>On 07/15/2009 02:35 AM, Scott Bennett wrote:
> >      Then you're remembering it from somewhere else because neither that
>> thread nor the first of the two it refers to say anything about it.  (The
>> second reference is apparently no longer available at the link given.)
>
>It's entirely possible I've crossed private and public communications in
>my memory banks.  The second link in the email has an extra space in the

     I know the problem well. :-(

>link, it should be:
>
>http://pseudo-flaw.net/content/tor/vidalia-insecure-privoxy-configuration/

     Thanks.  Yes, I see it says at greater length basically what the other
one said:  if you enable those options, then privoxy will be vulnerable.
     Making sure they are disabled seems (to me, at least) to eliminate the
problem.  However, running a version of privoxy that has been obsolete for
well over two years, maybe over three years, presents its own risks, as well
as the irritations of inferior filtering.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG