Re: Re: My tor exit node is STILL gone from the node list

     On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 00:03:10 +0300 "Alexandru Cezar" <tor@xxxxx>
wrote:
>> Best of luck getting your provider to straighten out the routing.
>
>I have limited experience in running servers. From what I found out, my Xen dom0 is traceable
>(89.248.169.106), while the virtual host running TOR is not (89.248.169.109, vif-bridge). I can
>still access the web server running on 109 though.
>Is this a Xen misconfiguration? I can't think of anything that I have changed.

     I've never worked with Xen, so I can't answer that.  However, it is
certainly possible to misconfigure other virtualization environments in
ways that would probably cause those symptoms.  OTOH, it strikes me as
more likely that the host system's packet filtering/redirection/NAT software
may be misconfigured.  Xen doesn't yet run on the BSDs, AFAIK, so I'll guess
that it's running on a LINUX system of some flavor, so iptables is probably
the filtering package.  Beyond that, I can't tell you much.  Some of the
LINUX users on this list ought to be able to give you some help in figuring
out whether the problem is with Xen or with the host system.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG