Re: seven bloxortsipt* relays ought *not* to be Valid

     On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 02:10:34 -0400 grarpamp <grarpamp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>  "bloxortsipt":
>
>the more eyes on the nodes the better.
>
>>         a) are running an obsolete version of tor (0.1.2.19) under LINUX,
>
>not good, for them at least.
>
>>         b) publish identical ContactInfo "1024D/E5712ECF IPT Support
>
>neither good/bad

     I mentioned the above in support of c).

>>         c) are *NOT* listed as a family, so your client might well build a
>
>not good
>
>>  I recommend that all relay operators concerned about security in tor do
>>  likewise.
>
>umm, or or-talk people, ahem, could just say hi to them first, they
>might just need a few pointers :)

     By all means, feel free to do so, but for now, they are not safe relays
to use, and their operator(s) has thus far demonstrated irresponsibility
and/or incompetence for the safe operation of tor relays.  Therefore, these
relays should be considered a clear and present danger to all users of tor
clients.  I'm keeping them in my ExcludeNodes list and still recommend that
every tor client user do likewise until a) the Valid flags are removed and/or
b) their descriptors show up as up-to-date and properly configured.
     While we are waiting for one or the other event to occur, if you wish
to take the risk of getting a circuit constructed entirely of broken relays,
that is your prerogative, but it surely looks like bad practice to anyone
with an eye toward security.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG