[tor-talk] Torsocks with socks auth defunct? (IsolateSOCKSAuth)

Hello,

did you ever use or test the torsocks socks auth/pass feature?

Here is my torsocks.conf:

local = 127.0.0.0/255.128.0.0
local = 127.128.0.0/255.192.0.0
local = 169.254.0.0/255.255.0.0
local = 172.16.0.0/255.240.0.0
local = 192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0
server = 127.0.0.1
server_type = 5
server_port = 9050
default_user = "something"
default_pass = "something"

(Also tested to change the default_...)

And here is what I typed in shell:

export TORSOCKS_USERNAME="zzz"
export TORSOCKS_PASSWORD="zzz"

(Also tested to change it further...)

Exit IP remained the same, when changing default_user/pass or TORSOCKS_USERNAME/PASSWORD.

To narrow down the problem I of course made sure I am using the correct torsocks.conf. (By supplying a wrong server_port =, which of course made it completely defunct as expected.) I also made sure that Tor's feature IsolateSOCKSAuth works, which was the case.

Either I my configuration is wrong or this is a bug in torsocks. Do you have any ideas?

Cheers,
proper