[tor-talk] safety of exit nodes

Hi there,

I have a concern regarding exit nodes in Tor. In my mind it is possible for an attacker to run a malicious exit server that gathers information at the exit point. Of course, this does not compromise anonymity per se, but it still can reveal sensitive data to malicious people. I think the JonDonym project handles this question better. To run a JonDonym exit server you need to be certified. Thus it is much harder to run a malicious JonDonym exit server. Why donÂt you offer better protection against malicious exit servers? I think safety of exit nodes is a serious concern.

Thanks
Hans-RÃdiger