Re: [tor-talk] Vidalia error message with TorBirdy

anonymous coward:
> I start Tor with Vidalia. And I use TorBirdy with Thunderbird.
>
> Sometimes I see a message from Vidalia:
>
> This is from the Vidalia log:
> Jul 02 22:34:44.907  Application request to port 143: this port is
> commonly used for unencrypted protocols. Please make sure you don't send
> anything you would mind the rest of the Internet reading!
>
> Why should TorBirdy connect to 143? There is  nothing on port 143 on my
> machine though....

We change the port to 993 for all existing IMAP accounts when TorBirdy
is installed, and this is also the default value for accounts that you
create with the manual account configuration wizard.

Did you change the ports yourself? If yes, then the error message is
expected and you should not be doing this -- see Roger's reply above.

If you did not change the port number, this is unexpected behavior,
please file a bug.