[tor-talk] Startpage.com/ixquick don't like bogus useragents

Hi,

on behalf of a guest [1] at DDGs current forum I raise this point.

If you modify your useragent[2] Startpage.com/ixquick print out:

"You may be using a privacy-oriented browser extension that conflicts
with Startpage. Please disable this extension and try your search again.
If this does not help, please contact us at (212) 447-1100 (USA) or
autoquery @ ixquick.com."

[1]
https://duck.co/topic/duckduckgo-as-default-search-engine-for-the-tor-browser-bundle#28469000001507215
[2] https://duck.co/topic/startpage-and-ixquick-track-your-useragent

Regards,
bastik

p.s. I don't find it problematic to use the useragent for guessing what
layouts are supported, but not returning desired content based on this
piece of information doesn't make much sense to me.