Re: [tor-talk] Time for porn on the Tor?

On Mon, 22 Jul 2013 11:44:36 +0200
Jerzy Åogiewa <jerzyma@xxxxxxxxxx> allegedly wrote:

> Well this is quite some surprise:
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23401076

Not really. Our PM is "technologically challenged" but wants everyone
to think he is actually doing something he isn't.

UK ISPs are a tad pissed off with his approach. See
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23312579 which is aimed more at
presentation than reality.

But, of course, there is real problem in the UK in ISPs being forced
down the route of applying censorship. I fear that if (no, when) our
dear PM's attempts to block access to certain types of sites fails,
there will be calls to ban all tools which can possibly circumvent
such filters - such as tor.

Pity then the poor ISP who has to explain how difficult that is and that
blocking ssh/vpn/ssl etc will stop business dead in its tracks.

Mick

 Mick Morgan
 gpg fingerprint: FC23 3338 F664 5E66 876B  72C0 0A1F E60B 5BAD D312
 http://baldric.net