Re: [tor-talk] (no subject)

On Wed, 24 Jul 2013 08:56:01 +0200
dope457 <dope457@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am not sure what is the problem here but when using Raspian wouldnÂt
>
> sudo apt-get install tor

Tor will work. But there is no Tor Browser Bundle (TBB) for ARM.

> For TBB I think you have to compile it from the source...

Compiling TBB from source is a different story entirely, and couldn't be
further from the clueless statement "it's for GNU/Linux so sure it'll work".

The only howto that seems[1] to exist[2], is infested with instructions to
download Windows .exe files for this or that, and for some reason even
suggests to install WinRAR, of all things.

Not to mention you're probably going to be building Firefox on a Raspberry Pi,
where you only have 256 or 512 MB of RAM, slow CPU and slow and prone to
dying from wear-out SD card for storage. And this means you will need to do
cross-compiling on a different architecture machine, which drives the
complexity level of the task another order of magnitude upwards.

[1] https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser-details.html.en#build
[2]
https://gitweb.torproject.org/torbrowser.git/blob_plain/HEAD:/build-scripts/INSTALL

--