Re: [tor-talk] Tor Exit Operator convicted in Austrian lower court

Hey!

On 02 Jul 2014, at 03:49, C B <cb736@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> in no way makes Montblac, Southworth, or Smith's Stationary the least bit responsible for the bank robbery. This ruling is a clear lack of understanding of how the Internet and Tor work.

I totally agree. It contradicts Austrian legislation of the so called “Provider's privilege” which states that the operator or provider of a service is not liable for the data transmitted over said service.

Following that mis-ruling the Austrian Post Office would be liable for the goods they deliver (as well as any other delivery service, like packages, food, Amazon, or basically any ISP as well.)

We'll see how that continues.
Best regards
MacLemon