[tor-talk] New Identity Warning without Control Port Access (was: Re: OK to disable TorLauncher addon in TBB in Transparent Torification Setup?)

>> I'm running Torbrowser on a system that is transparently routed
>> through Tor. Is it OK to disable the TorLauncher Addon within
>> Torbrowser in such a setup or has that any negative
>> consequences?
>
> Using TOR_SKIP_LAUNCH is tested by more people. See:
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TorifyHOWTO/WebBrowsers#UseTorBrowserwithoutbundledTorNIX

Thank

you for this info. This seems to work fine (TOR_SKIP_LAUNCH).

Since I use it I also get a proper error message that tells me that
Torbutton cannot safely give me a new identity. It does not have
access to the Tor Control Port.

Is is it considered a bug to *not* display this warning when *not*
using TOR_SKIP_LAUNCH=1 in transparent torification mode?

>> (background: I can't execute that script multiple times
>> concurrently to open a new URL in an existing torbrowser
>> session.)
>
> Try this: /home/user/tor-browser_en-US/Browser/firefox --profile
> "Data/Browser/profile.default" --new-tab "torproject.org"
>
> [Soon a tb-launcher package might get released by me for this
> purpose. Then you can type "torbrowser --new-tab link" and a new
> link will be opened in existing browser session.]

What is the current state on this?

thanks!