Re: [tor-talk] GnuPG and Tor

Red Sonja:
> Rejo Zenger:
> > ++ 15/07/14 14:09 -0400 - grarpamp:
> >>
> >> And unless one by one with --recv-keys, keyserver sees your
> >> entire list at once.
> >
> > Which means: the only thing you are protecting (by using Tor when
> > updating your keychain) is the source IP-address for the refresh, e.g.
> > your location.
>
> So the whole GnuPG is antithetical to anonymity?

If you use public key cryptography, we can say yes. That's why we
often differenciate between anonymity and pseudonymity. With GnuPG, one
can create a strong pseudonymous identity. Using Tor while using this
identity will make it harder to link it with other identities.

--
Lunar                                             <lunar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>