Re: [tor-talk] Outbound SMTP via TOR?

Am 2014-07-21 04:17, schrieb Cinaed Simson:
On 07/17/2014 07:11 AM, Elrippo wrote:
I don't think that this is a problem, if you configure TOR as a transparent proxy with some iptables rules on your Debian based OS, all TCP based traffic is routed through TOR

Take a look at the last example
https://elrippoisland.net/public/how_to/anonymity.html

An untrusted HTTPS connection? Really?

Anonymity without security?

I assume this relates to Elrippo's documentation. After my understanding all connections between a TOR-client and a TOR Hidden Service are end-to-end encrypted and authenticated via RSA-key->TOR Hidden Service ID/domain.

My main problem is to route the SMTP-/Jabber-client traffic into the TOR network. It would be great to be able to distinguish between normal remote host domains and .onion, too.

But still the main goal is a very easy mail setup for average-joes with secure end-to-end encryption.

--
Best regards,

Renne