Re: [tor-talk] Android app: Torrific

* on the Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 08:01:53AM +0200, CJ wrote:

> Just a small announce (not sure if this is the right ML, sorry).
> I'm developing an Android app allowing to block all IP traffic, and
> force only selected app through Orbot.
> This is done because neither Orbot nor AFWall (or other free, opensource
> Android iptables managment interface) seem to be able to do that???

One suggestion: Test this on a network which dishes out IPv6 addresses.
None of these Firewall apps seem to take IPv6 into consideration. So if
you wander onto a WiFi network which dishes out v6 addresses and then
one of your Apps tries to connect to a host which supports v6, like for
example Google or Facebook, then it will bypass your iptables rules.
You need to set up rules using ip6tables for IPv6 too.

Also, make sure that the rules are applied prior to any network
connectivity coming up.

--
Mike Cardwell  https://grepular.com https://emailprivacytester.com
OpenPGP Key    35BC AF1D 3AA2 1F84 3DC3   B0CF 70A5 F512 0018 461F