Re: [tor-talk] Cancelled black hat talk

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 10:05:20PM +0000, Nusenu wrote:
> Surprised
> to see the fix of a bug that was worth a tor security
> advisory to be in the "Minor bugfixes" section of the changelog.

The security advisory was that somebody had attacked real Tor users and
perhaps deanonymized some of them, and here's what we know.

The particular traffic confirmation channel they used wasn't a big deal.
(Or said another way, fixing it doesn't make a big impact on whether
this sort of attack is possible.)

--Roger