Re: [tor-talk] HORNET onion routing design

str4d writes:

> * No replay detection - packet replay is ignored within the lifetime
> of a session. They suggest that adversaries would be deterred by the
> risk of being detected by volunteers/organizations/ASs, but the
> detection process is going to add additional processing time and
> therefore compromise throughput (c/f I2P uses a bloom filter to detect
> packet replays, and this is the primary limiting factor on
> participating throughput).

If the remote peer has to be actively involved in the onion routing
process, couldn't it detect replays rather than having the routers do it?
Or is the replay problem a problem of wasting network resources rather
than fooling the peer into thinking a communication was repeated?

--
Seth Schoen  <schoen@xxxxxxx>
Senior Staff Technologist                       https://www.eff.org/