Re: [tor-talk] tor not running

Hello again,

1) Okay well the first thing to do would be to get an anti-virus. Now.
Unless you want me to, I won't get into how exposed you are as an XP
user, running under an admin account.

You should do each of the following, but whichever order doesn't matter.

2) Check the download.

This site does a really good explanation of how to verify your download.
You will have to download GnuPG.
https://www.torproject.org/docs/verifying-signatures.html.en

3) Check the Event Viewer
Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer.
Look in each of the folders for errors. A 'good' idea is to try to run
the program right before you open the event viewer, so anything that
pops up would be at the top.

4) Confirm #1.

Out of curiosity and for fun, try renaming the file and then running it.
It probably won't help.

Matt
Speak Freely