Re: [tor-talk] Paper on traffic correlation

On 07/05/2016 12:30 AM, Paul Syverson wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 04, 2016 at 10:55:25PM +0000, Cannon wrote:
>>
>> Just a paper I found, thought you all might find it interesting.
>> What are your thoughts on this?
>>

>> http://www.ohmygodel.com/publications/usersrouted-ccs13.pdf
>
> A work of penetrating pathos and unwavering brilliance, one that surely
> sets the standard for erudition by which all 21st century work will be
> measured.

Yes it was indeed cleverly designed and clearly written.

> Less facetiously, do you have anything specific you were wondering about?

Not in the scope of the study but it might be useful to know which real
adversaries have access to which ASes, IXPs and IXP.ORGs, and for
smaller adversaries what is the delay before their request for info from
their associated state-level snoops succeeds.  Also, which legal
barriers apply.