[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
[tor-talk] Tor routing algorithm questions
Let's assume someone's Tor client picked an entry guard on IP
AAA.BBB.CCC.EEE. And then [without knowing and/or by chance] tried to
make a torified connection to  IP AAA.BBB.CCC.EEE.
- Would Tor use that entry guard to establish the connection?
- If so, wouldn't that open up for an end-to-end corelation attack?
- Does it make a difference if the torified connection is to
AAA.BBB.CCC.EEE or AAA.BBB.CCC.EEF?
difference scenario B)
Let's assume someone using WiFi with IP WWW.XXX.YYY.ZZZ starts Tor for
the first time. Its Tor client picked an entry guard on IP
AAA.BBB.CCC.EEE. Now, the user leaves that WiFi and uses another Wifi
with IP AAA.BBB.CCC.EEE or AAA.BBB.CCC.FFF.
- Would Tor be clever enough to move on to another entry guard?
- What if the user was using a bridge on IP AAA.BBB.CCC.EEE? Would to be
refusing that bridge?
Does and if so in how far does Tor take the users external IP address as
well as its destination IP addresses into account?
tor-talk mailing list - tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe or change other settings go to