Re: [tor-talk] Medium removed the captchas for Tor users!

On 7/14/2016 4:49 PM, Griffin Boyce wrote:
That is really awesome! :-) Thanks for the update.

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 5:42 PM, Kate Krauss < kate@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[kate@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] > wrote:
I don't say much on Tor-Talk, but I will say this:

Thanks, Medium, for removing all those CloudFlare captchas for Tor
users. As an activist from East Africa once reminded me, the Internet
means *all* of the Internet. Otherwise it isn't quite itself--it is
meant to be accessible and comprehensive; a nearly inexhaustible catalog
of the world.

Thank you for helping out.

Cheers,

Kate Krauss

--

Huh? Did I miss something? As of late, I haven't noticed CF captchas disappeared, or worked any better in Tor Browser.
Are you talking about a special case?

Sometimes, in Firefox on the same site I may not get any captcha, a few minutes after trying a couple of times in TBB. If it's a trustworthy site (if there's such a thing) & JS is allowed for all necessary 3rd parties on the site, the captchas will either work in the 1st 1 or 2 tries in TBB, or they won't at all. And in Firefox, where I have a lot of blocking addons, it almost always works w/ JS allowed on just the base domain.