[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
[tor-talk] My ISP, university, etc. just sent me a DMCA notice. What should I do?
- To: tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [tor-talk] My ISP, university, etc. just sent me a DMCA notice. What should I do?
- From: Paul Templeton <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 23:19:06 +0000 (UTC)
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 19:19:29 -0400
- In-reply-to: <1828384553.3048.1500590895257.JavaMail.email@example.com>
- List-archive: <http://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "all discussion about theory, design, and development of Onion Routing" <tor-talk.lists.torproject.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <https://lists.torproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tor-talk>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://lists.torproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/options/tor-talk>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- Reply-to: tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: "tor-talk" <tor-talk-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Thread-index: P8ZSGyWLp2YAElwoK245DBmWq+JYZA==
- Thread-topic: My ISP, university, etc. just sent me a DMCA notice. What should I do?
Some of the legal has broken links. ie https://www.chillingeffects.org/ has been taken down by Google (self censorship?).
I got a cold caller email for the TOR mirror I have...
>> Hi Paul,
>>I appreciate you're busy but I just wanted to follow up on the email I sent you the other day. I've included a copy below for reference.
>>On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 12:43 PM, Chris Headley <chris.headley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi Paul,
>> I thought you’d want to know that you have a broken link on this page - http://torproject.coffswifi.net/eff/tor-dmca-response.html.en.
>> It’s this one - https://www.chillingeffects.org/dmca512/faq.cgi, you’ve linked with the phrase ‘here’.
>> It looks like the link should go to the Chilling Effects page on the DMCA but perhaps you’d consider updating this link to point at our page http://wiht.link/dmca-generator? It features a DMCA notice generator, an extensive FAQ section as well as guidance on the act.
>> I hope this is helpful to you.
>> Thank you for your time.
I don't know who they are or what they are trying to achieve by trying to get me to update a link... Don't they know who to talk to???
tor-talk mailing list - tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe or change other settings go to