Re: [tor-talk] Tor browser 10.5 lost all saved passwords

Roger Dingledine wrote:
On Tue, Jul 06, 2021 at 10:18:54PM +0200, Jerome Lille wrote:
I just updated to version 10.5 and all the saved logins are gone!!

Can they be recovered?

Check out
https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/tor-browser/-/issues/40506

Apparently they're not gone, they're just... inaccessible. The ticket
suggests one way to recover them. Hopefully an upcoming Tor Browser will
fix this surprise.

--Roger

We might want to put a warning out there so people don't freak out:

snowflake-client.exe is seen as a virus on Windows:

Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.B

Hopefully it's just a false positive? Anyone else experiencing this? Didn't have time to check it happened on my work computer where I was remotely connected and Tor Browser updated itself. Given it was a self-auto-update I could not have possibly downloaded a "wrong" infected Tor so no panic.

See attached image.

-s7r