Re: How can I install Tor

On Tue, 31 May 2005, Chris Palmer wrote:

> Alf writes:
>
> > Can I install the Tor to work via proxy? My ISP has http and sock5
> > proxy - 8080 and 1080
>
> As far as I know, there is no way to make Tor route through other
> non-Tor proxies. You can still use Tor, you will just bypass your ISP's
> proxies.

actually tor can route all traffic through http (and https) servers.
Please consult the manual page for the HttpProxy and HttpsProxy
settings.  Also have a look at FascistFirewall while you're at it.

I think one of Http or Https might be new in 0.1.x, so you may have to
upgrade if you still use 0.0.9.x.

Cheers,
Peter
    messages preferred.    | : :' :      The  universal