Re: IRCNet abuse

Gee.. you really should actually read the text of the ECPA... examination of individual emails is perfectly OK
with the courts as long as it was done on a service monitoring basis(i.e. the mails kicked into that bucket could have malware embedded , evidence of illegal transactions/blackmail/threats etc(and working formerly as a mail admin for a large ISP all of this was encountered)) if you need/want privacy then USE encryption to the final delivery point else EXPECT monitoring..

THIS IS REALITY..

as far as Rude or unethical.. I consider it Rude and unethical to use a privacy system to harass or intimidate people spread malware, control Trojans(very common under IRC) , it has been my experience that this often happens, and I DONT care for an innocent being attacked by using the hardware/network connection I provide, there are such things as civil liability torts you know, if I was negligent in stopping this kind of attack appearing to originate from MY network connection, I could be sued quite successfully on this basis as I operate from a business NOT an EDU where University lawyers will defend the Universities property when it is misused by a student.

   A tor operator

.