Re: IRCNet abuse

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 12:35:05PM +0200, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> My hoster (Hetzner) blocks port 6667 by default, unless I ask them to open
> it. Do I have to tell Tor that it's blocked, or will Tor discover it
> automatically?

If certain IPs and ports are blocked externally, e.g. by your firewall,
you should update your exit policy to reflect this. (Good point, I'm
going to add this note into the torrc.sample.)

There is no way (I think?) for Tor to discover it, since it can't tell the
difference between failure to connect and a problem with the site itself.

--Roger