Threads detection on OpenBSD

While reading through the ChangeLog and configure.in for tor 0.1.0.10, I
see that threads are supposed to be disabled by default for OpenBSD and
NetBSD.  But when I run ./configure && make on my OpenBSD -current
system, I can see that it still links to -lpthread for all linked
programs.  Even if I pass --disable-threads, I see the same results.
'ldd /usr/local/bin/tor' also confirms this.

I have removed -lpthread manually from all the build files and rebuilt.
Seems to run fine, just like when build with pthreads.  What gives?
Does tor really need to link to pthreads, or is this a bug in the
configure scripts and tor should not be linking to pthreads on OpenBSD?

tchau,
jon