Re: my isp cut me off

Well, as a followup to this, I talked to the network manager at my
ISP. Apparently their AUP doesn't permit any kind of IRC traffic,
client or server, so when the incoming DoS happened they looked at the
rest of my outgoing traffic and saw IRC traffic. That caused them to
take the server offline.

I'm going to adjust my Tor exit policy from default-open to
default-closed and only allow certain ports (at least 80 and 443,
perhaps others). I am disappointed to have to do this, but I can't
afford to have my account canceled by my ISP.

Has anybody else run into this sort of situation?

Greg Hewgill
http://hewgill.com