[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
"SHTTPD": Windows web-server, light-weight, stand-alone and multi-platform (Unix, etc)
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: "SHTTPD": Windows web-server, light-weight, stand-alone and multi-platform (Unix, etc)
- From: Anothony Georgeo <anogeorgeo@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 10:46:12 -0700 (PDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 13:46:25 -0400
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=ra7O3WxEaQAf5WaBgxCTVNfsrZ/rrMuybrNUVESak/IUKVBIoEIgE5nBs+M/6lqPcvd5515WLyh0VFnLYshc4SDKupejS7dffI4bSpXJ/u8PtuNpmKF3h8ue+GKejoWGHlpWGzC0gxhc9IdLXiXRkEVJBT5z0Mkou/ASqrqIcs4= ;
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Note: I mis-posted this thread so I'm re-posting it
I was reading
and I thought I could help with the the following
If you're on Windows, ...what should we suggest here?
Is there a good simple free software (not just
"freeware") web server for Windows? Please let me know
what we should say here.
IMO "Shttpd" ("Simple HTTPD") is a worthy candidate
as a Windows web-server for use with HiddenServices.
Shttpd is a very nice, secure(SSL), free & open-source
(MIT license), light-weight and stand-alone
web-server which is multi-platform (Win32, Unix,
Linux, *BSD, MacOS, QNX, Solaris).
Shttpd has a great and easy to use GUI and the code
for Shttpd was security reviewed by Adam Zeldis.
Quotes from the site:
SHTTPD is a lightweight web server. The main design
goals are the ease of use and the ability to embed.
Ideal for personal use, web-based software demos
(like PHP, Perl etc), quick file sharing. A care has
been taken to make the code secure. SHTTPD is licensed
under the terms of MIT license.
* Small. Fast. No bloat, no installation.
* GET, POST, HEAD, PUT, DELETE methods
* CGI, SSL, digest auth, resumed download, aliases
* Standard logging (combined format)
* Very simple and clean embedded API
* dietlibc friendly. NOT that friendly to the uClibc
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around