RE: "SHTTPD": Windows web-server, light-weight, stand-alone and multi-platform (Unix, etc)

Hi,

Hi, If you are not trying to run this on a desktop then Windows Server
2003 already comes with IIS6 - which is it might surprise you to know is
one of the most secure web servers around as regards known
vulnerabilities. One minor denial of service issue in 2004 is the only
issue with IIS6 since release. See
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/current.aspx

For anyone interested, several very large hosting companies have
recently migrated to Windows server (from Linux / Apache).

See http://news.netcraft.com/

"Microsoft continues to gain share in the web server market, chipping
away at Apache's commanding lead. The number of hostnames on Windows
servers grew by 4.5 million, giving Microsoft 29.7% market share, a gain
of 4.25% for the month. Apache had a decline of 429K hostnames, and
loses 3.5% to 61.25%.

Apache's lead over Microsoft, which stood at 48.2% in March, has been
narrowed to 31.5%, a shift of 16.7% in just three months.

The largest movement of sites from Apache to IIS was once again at Go
Daddy, with over 1.6M hostnames moving from Apache to IIS this month.
While those parked domains were a major factor in Microsoft's gains,
Windows also saw solid growth in active sites, hostnames that contain
content and likely to represent developed web sites."

Probably surprising to most on this list, but true!