Possible Attack, Questions

I have a question regarding attacks on tor. From what I understand, if
somebody were to obtain the private key of a hidden server, they would
be able to serve requests as that server. My question is: If there are
two servers running with the same private key on the Tor network, what
determines which server will receive the request? Is it proximity?
From what I understand on how tor works, the client would not be able
to differentiate between the servers. Is this true?
Comrade Ringo Kamens