[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Password Authentication Required
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Password Authentication Required
- From: 7v5w7go9ub0o <7v5w7go9ub0o@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 14:30:30 -0400
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 14:30:40 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from :user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references:in-reply-to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=nTMsfdHlkVV6PPbpDw8qjaEqtLzdeLmWMl5cSkbazIs=; b=Jw1TnZzNMx/pv5eR7yJSzEk4ecGlUIl1ETwFSpWmg25cJ8+K3K/mrFoO1EshHLClQW Fra+qhORK1sB6xUUPnbqsDBENdEWxRTCt4KVrbHR8ER0KaSQ0wmLG/s2lT37YwBotDBI 6vnN/fcd9dnH8TwMC0FTowO0W286WRu+bccPU=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references :in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=hZYqhfYp9IY6CLEVelqSsYmhsXrETgImeK2TmTaU+MBugk9/40zHHTGUUrg8+b1K5S vEQlntuAcTNBwMzEGovuD6ZW5dvp/cLTv/s2e2uUDuggzfT7/jwom3w3J+reqXy60uaL 5irSBEinHDPh3TkRM/foz+5Wx4rOsERdtQQ2o=
- In-reply-to: <d07542ab0806251722j19036936j98220f48890376eb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <d07542ab0806251722j19036936j98220f48890376eb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Thunderbird 126.96.36.199 (X11/20080421)
john smith wrote:
Had to shut down my Tor relay [0.2.0.28-rc running on ubuntu 7.10
gutsy] earlier this evening.
When I re-started my relay it seemed to connect without any problems
then it suddenly shut down.
When I attempted to re-start it again I was presented with a 'Password
Authentication Required - Please enter your control password (not the
I've also attempted to install 0.2.1.2-alpha only to be presented with
the same 'Password Authentication Required' prompt.
Could anyone please explain why this has happened & advise what I can
do to solve this problem.
'til you get a better reply, my newbie guess is that this sounds like a
vidalia connection response. i.e. the hashed password in vidalia doesn't
match the hashed pw in torrc.
Try starting it without vidalia (i.e. don't use vidalia to start it).
Once it's up and going, then bring up vidalia.