Re: Tor bridge not generating any traffic

     On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 14:20:41 +0200 Johannes Nitsche <nitschej@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>I am trying to operate a tor bridge on my VPS. The system is an Ubuntu
>hardy the tor version is 0.2.0.34 (r18423). I have attached my
>configuration file so you can see if there is any error in that one.
>Regarding the log files I only see one error reported in them:
>
>Jun 10 08:02:51.040 [warn] Your server (207.210.117.7:200) has not managed to confirm that its DirPort is reachable. Please check your firewalls, ports, address, /etc/hosts file, etc.
>
>But that one is not true from what I can see. The VPS is hosted in the
>US and if I connect to that port from Germany with nmap it is shown as
>open.
>But that I think is not the reason why I don't have any traffic on my
>node. So the question is: Is my configuration faulty? Should I send in
>my log files? I have a notice log and an info log.

     Now that you've published your tor bridge's IP address on this list--
assuming the one you've shown us is accurate, rather than an appropriate
substitution for purposes of sending it to this list--you ought to consider
contacting your host company in the U.S. to get them to change the IP address
and restart tor using the new IP address.  The IP address shown above, if
correct, will probably be useless anywhere that access via bridges is needed.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG