Re: eliminating bogus port 43 exits

Jon wrote:
> You want me to provide hard facts?  It does not take a whitepaper to inform me that peering at traffic leaving the border is "A Good Thing" TM.

Do you mean, in a perfect world there would be no snooping of exit traffic? I might agree with you but in a perfect world we wouldn't need Tor and that's getting a little too philosophical for me. The reality of the situation is, exit traffic is going to be monitored anyways and it's better to just start out assuming that it will be. So, I don't see how looking at traffic to improve QoS is going to be "A Bad Thing" TM other than the legal issues that were already raised. There's a saying that goes "don't let perfect be the enemy of the good".